Volunteers and Experts at the School for Life Chiang Mai
It is important to us to ensure that both children and adults in the School for Life benefit from your voluntary service. That is why we take great care in the selection of volunteers and maintain contact with them during the preparation phase.
Basically, your work with us is as follows:
Depending on your preferences and previous knowledge, you will be responsible for teaching English in one or more classes between the Kindergarten and Class 9 age groups. You will be expected to prepare and conduct the lessons independently. However, it is usually the case that volunteers lead the lessons in two teams. Of course, our specialist staff will assist you with preparation and follow-up work.
Furthermore, we encourage you to plan and carry out an independent project or a working group. This could be for example painting and handicraft lessons, music or theatre evenings up to volleyball training or yoga courses. These projects will be discussed and planned during the preparation phase.
In addition to these main activities, you take part in the normal school routine and help, for example, with the implementation of school events.
You undertake to work at the School for Life for at least three months and
- You are at least 18 years old and have completed school.
- You have a solid knowledge of the English language
- You have special abilities and inclinations from which children can benefit – for example art, theatre, music, sport, consulting skills
- You are willing to use this knowledge and skills in the form of English lessons or working groups.
- You are willing to prepare and carry out lessons and other projects independently.
- You have intercultural experience and skills
- You can handle difficult or unfamiliar situations with confidence
- You like to take responsibility
- You are motivated to deal with new challenges
- You can plan and execute work and projects independently.
- You participate in already existing projects
- You gladly take part in the daily activities of the children and support the adults in looking after the children during cooking, homework, gardening, meetings etc.
You can expect the following from the School for Life
The experiences you will gain at the School for Life are ones you can benefit from for the rest of your life. You will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in a community and become a part of it that you won’t soon forget. You will not only get a completely new perspective on Thailand, but also on life itself. The School for Life is a place where you can see how little you need to be happy. The children of the School for Life will be able to learn to be a child again and our children will do the same with you.
You will also receive an internship certificate or a letter of recommendation from the School for Life Institute in the International Academy for Social Sciences, Organization and Management “A Campus for the Citizen of the World” at the end of your traineeship.
The School for Life is largely financed by donations. For this reason we unfortunately have to charge you a small amount to cover the basic costs of your stay.
For a stay of up to 3 months you pay 13,000 Baht/month.
For a stay of up to 9 months you pay 11.000 Baht/month
For a stay of up to 12 months, you pay 9,000 Baht/month.
We kindly ask you to take care of your flight ticket and insurance yourself.
Mr. “Jo” Kyaw Kyaw Hlam (English)
Mobile: +66 (0) 85 237 9482
Ms. Conny Grimm (German/English)
Volunteers Team Manager